Friday, October 06, 2006

And now I present you with a title that has absolutely nothing to do with the original post!

I am a man at the end of his rope. I have been screwed out of the only two real jobs I've had, and now remain jobless. Nothing is worse than being in your final year of highschool, with university fast approaching, without a job or hope of one in sight. Relying on God to provide is something much easier said than done. Does God not want me to go to University? Am I simply screwing my self over and looking for the excuse that "it's all in God's plan?" Am I not working hard enough on my own to get a job? God only helps those who help themselves, right? Do I need to relax a little bit more and just breathe?! Yes. That is exactly what I need. A breath of fresh air. Perhaps the problem here is that I am blinded by my own worry. I need to chill...ya know? Take a chill pill. Do they even have those? If so are they legal? Why am I asking so many questions to which no one will answer? I guess that's just how my mind works. I think I know what I need. Some pumpkin pie. Holy crap it's thanksgiving weekend! Two days left til thanksgiving and I haven't even had a practice pie. How am I going to be able to ingest all those pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving when I haven't had any practice?! I don't even have money for practice pie! Oh, this is pathetic. I've been so worried about my stupid little problems that I've completely forgotten about Thanksgiving...To be thankful! I'm lucky to have everything I do. I should be glad I have a pumpkin pie in the first place to eat! What's this business about practice pie?! Hm?? Crazy talk, that's what that is. Pure and simple crazy talk. I would be lucky to have a quarter what I do now. Sweet family, amazing friends, food to eat every day...Not to mention Resident Evil 4! Yeah that'll be taking up most of my spare time for the next month or so. Usually Animal Crossing would be in it's place but my memory card got stepped on and now my virtual world no longer exists. Well now that I've completely strayed off my original point, I think I'll come to a close...maybe I'll change the title of the post too. Done and done. That's it for today's edition of rambling. I'll be back after I enjoy my thanksgiving turkey and pie!

2 comments:

Isis said...

Actually, the term "God only helps those who help themselves" was coined by a greedy republican president, I think, but I really can't remember which one. It was used mostly by the upper white rich, and an excuse used by the government, to suggest that the poor and downtrodden were like that because they deserved it and were lazy. Most people think it's from the Bible, but it's not. *This useless piece of information was brought to you by the letters F, J and S*

Patrick said...

Wow...I actually didn't know that. To be honest I really had no clue where it came from. the saying just came to mind while i was typing. stupid greedy white people!