Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Gone, Going Gone...

And so it begins. The passing of an age...The dawn of a new era. The hardest freakin' year of my life...and only 8 months of it to go. I don't have a job, yet I'm expected to make $10,000 by the end of the year. I suck at most of my courses, yet I'm expected to achieve a minimum 80% average. And to top it all off, I'm completely out of shape! The subtle niceties I once enjoyed are now gone...Flushed down a metaphorical toilet, without so much as a goodbye, or well wish. Gone are the daily fast food expeditions. Gone is the wasting of time by watching reruns of clone high and the simpsons. Gone are the crappy movies that are in theatres these days, and gone are the frequent hang-outs with my favouritest peoples.I oh so enjoyed those(they're still around...but far less frequent). Not to mention all those cd's and dvd's I want to buy. Yeah, they're gone too. Speaking of gone, my iPod just died. Ain't that just a kick in the pants? I guess this'll just be a year of learning. I knew it would be tough, but I never thought I'd need to learn these things to such an extent. I've already learned quite a valuable lesson. A lesson I didn't expect to learn. You really never know what you've got 'til it's gone. You might think you do, but you really don't. This works on so many levels. Appreciate what you've got...Seriously. Even the little things, especially the little things. They're so much more amazing when you do. When you know something won't last forever, you tend to appreciate it more. I've kept that in mind lately, and nothing is more true. Hark! The toll of the school bell! I'm out for now.

Goodbye, and Godbless.

p.s. Gone Going by Black Eyed Peas feat. Jack Johnson is a song that never gets old... Just thought I'd let y'all know.

No comments: