Wednesday, January 24, 2007

10:25 p.m.

Each second that ticks by brings me closer to what lies ahed. What it is I don't know. When it will happen I also don't know. But I can't wait. Be it summer, university, or a fulltime job... I can't wait. University would be a good way to go, but I couldn't really care less. I can't say the same for others. Society seems to push the thought that if you don't get into a university or college right after highschool, you basically have no future. Thousands of youths are pressured into finding a career to specialize in for the rest of their lives at 17 or 18 years of age. It astounds me how unrealistic this is, yet nobody seems to notice. People will spend thousands of dollars on degrees they will never use, all for the sake of going to University straight out of highschool. Why do we need to find jobs that pay six figures, when less than half that amount would do fine? How many of us actually sit down and assess our lives before we make a decision? What are your priorities? If making a lot of money is one of them, I'm glad I'm not you. The more we have, the more we are burdened. My family makes about enough to get by, and I consider myself spoiled. I have things I don't need. I buy things I won't want in a few months time. I eat like a pig. Speaking of pig, I could go for some... but back to the point. I am attached to my things more than I realize. I couldn't imagine how I would act if I had more. Yet that seems to be the measure of our success according to our society. If we really took time and looked at ourselves, we might find some interesting things. I know I have.

1 comment:

Isis said...

Ya. And don't be a dork like me and go through all that college crap only to get a job that makes crap money AND sucks. *sigh* education does not make you money in the end... no matter what those commercials say