Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Beginning.

Welcome to my first post of the new year! I'm glad to be able to share it with you. Let me start off by saying that this post will not be focused on anything in particular, I just feel like writing. If your not interested in my random thoughts induced by my lack of sleep then I'd quit reading now.
So I googled the word "tired" to see how many ways I could tell you how tired I am. Apparently the word fagged is an appropriate synonym. So from now on, I am no longer tired. I am fagged. I've been pretty fagged all day and continue to be fagged now, so I apologize for my incoherency.
Well, It's the new year and I'm actually pretty excited. I have a feeling that this year is going to be a good year. if not only in comparison to last year... A lot can happen in a year, and that's what I'm hoping for. With any luck, by the end of 2007 I'll have secured a job I am somewhat happy with, I will have been accepted into a university, I will have worked at a summer camp, and I will have seen and been pleased with the Simpsons movie and the Transformers movie. I'm also getting a clearer image of the type of person God wants me to be and hopefully by the end of the year I will have come a little closer to becoming that person. Hopefully I won't get too sucked into the world of Wii and I will retain my sanity and connection with the outside world. Consequently, I've had a headache for about 6 days straight. I've either been in my basement, at work or in a movie theatre for pretty much the whole vacation. It puzzles me because I'd much rather be outdoors, yet I spend most of my life inside. The only solution to this problem is to go backpacking. Nothing would be more fun than just taking off to a new place with nothing but the clothes on my back and some survival tools...not that I would know how to use them, but just in case. One day man...One day.
As for last year, I wasn't too happy with it. But rather than dwell on it, I choose to embrace the future and just be prepared for anything that might come my way. I'm hoping a shower will come my way soon because I am feeling and probably smelling pretty rank right now. I haven't showered since yesterday and I'm running out of deoderant, but you didn't need to know that. In fact, you don't need to know any of this. But your here, and have already read this far, so why stop now? Continue to enlighten yourself with my wisdom. Continue!!
I'm sure this new year will bring forth some more crap as far as music is concerned. I've been quite sad lately at the direction in which music is going. I'm not trying to say that I don't like any current music, because that would be a lie bigger than Mr. Tom Delonge's ego. Yeah, burn? Anyways, Music just isn't what it used to be. Any punk or ska band that have been around for more than 5 years have either morphed into some "life-changing" pseudo rock group, exchanged their energy for eyeliner or turned into Gwen Stephani. Ok, so I'm specifically referring to blink-182, No Doubt and Green Day. In my opinion, they all need to go back to the 90's and fix whatever broke along the way. I would have liked to have posted the song Spiderwebs up as a New Years present to the millions of people who read my blog, but it didn't work...so enjoy some mewithoutYou instead!

No comments: